This coastal wilderness campground is located just 1 km (0.6 mi) from the ferry landing. When leaving the ferry, turn right to Old Airport Rd. and follow signs. Complete directions are on our Maps page. At the Park/Campground Entrance and reception centre there are the following facilities for the convenience of all visitors (including yachters and Islanders):
- Private hot showers
- Laundry facilities
- Potable water and ice
- Campfire wood
- Wi-fi access on-site
- Telephone & info displays
- Swing set
- Dump station
- All the campsites have picnic tables and firerings
- There are chemical toilets throughout the cliff-side areas.
There are no bears, moose, coyotes, skunks, porcupines, or poisonous snakes on Grand Manan, so campers can sleep comfortably under the stars.
This wilderness campground is an island attraction. Campers use the term “awesome” to describe our campground… Imagine camping under the stars, moon on the water, and just below your tent site, ocean lapping or crashing against the cliffs, whales and sea life communicating in the night, all surrounded with the scent of juniper and spruce trees.
The Campground has 3 categories
These sites make this campground truly unique. Located along a 1.5 km stretch of rugged coastline the sites are for tenters only. You will be above the feeding route of whales and in the night you might listen, or may be awakened, as they blow and breach. You are less than a minute walk from your vehicle. Children are discouraged from camping on the Cliff Edge sites. These sites are unserviced. Rules for pets must be observed.
All the Cliff top sites are drive-on sites. You still have a great view over the Bay but you are not sleeping on the edge. Viewing decks are nearby. Children who excercise caution are welcomed. Rules for pets must be observed. These sites are unserviced. As well as tents, the sites will accommodate camping vehicles less than 7.3 m (24′) in length.
- Treed sites around a shallow pond all have 20 amp power and are best suited for camper vans, pop-ups and, of course, tenters. All facilities are handy.
- At the entrance area (Area A on the map) there are 7 fully-serviced sites with 30 amp power and water & sewer hook-up that will accommodate RVs, fifth-wheels, and travel trailers. These are partially wooded.
- Check Roofed Lodgings for description of Camp Cabins.
- Campfires are generally permitted but check with staff or note the daily posting at the Reception Area.
- Quiet time: 10:30 pm. Visitors in the campground must also leave at this time.
- Check in: when the ferries arrive and anytime in between
- Check out: 1 pm
- On arrival, please read carefully the registration form and the brochure.
- Fireworks/firecrackers are not permitted in the campground.
- Pets must be on a leash at all times throughout the park.
- In the case of cats (and similar pets) they must be contained in a basket or carrier. This applies to all areas of the park and campground at all times.
- If excessive disturbance from a pet, a donation may be requested for the Grand Manan Animal Welfare League.
- The number of pets on site will be limited — permission from staff at time of reservation will be required for more than one pet per site.
- There are several pet distractions — ducks in the ocean, rabbits, squirrels, as well as the presence of other dogs and cats.
- Management and staff assume no responsibility for pets. Campers will be reminded if good manners are breached.